Los Angeles Male Survivors
A Peer-to-Peer Support Group for men who have been sexually abused
We come together to share encouragement with other men who have also had unwanted or abusive experiences.
Being part of a group of men who are in the process of recovering from sexual abuse reinforces that “you are not alone.” When we share with men who have had similar traumatic experiences, we gain insight about how sexual abuse has affected our lives.
About the group:
Our group was started over 12 years ago by 3 men who attended special events offered by www.malesurvivor.org.
More than a decade later, Los Angeles Male Survivor members come together to continue their recovery with the support of other members who have taken various steps in dealing with the effects of having been sexually abuse.
The safety of group members is of paramount concern. We strive to provide a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment at all times. You can trust the group facilitators to maintain this environment.
As a “peer-led” group without a licensed therapist present at meetings, we are not equipped to facilitate a mix of men who were sexually abused and/or assaulted alongside those who may have perpetrated or “acted out” on others. Los Angeles Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse is for non-perpetrators only. We must refer those who have perpetrated or acted out to other resources.
Without a licensed therapist present, we regret that we are not qualified to serve those who may have more complex situations such as gender dysphoria or gender fluidity.
- When: 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month.
- Time: 4:00 – 6:00 pm. We ask members to arrive on time to begin promptly, and to stay for the entire meeting.
- Where: Culver City, CA
- Cost: Optional minimal donation (Usually, $3 or more. We pass the hat and we don’t monitor how much anyone drops in, so don’t worry if you arrive and realize you don’t have cash on you; simply “catch us next time around.” Donations are not required.)
- Read through the Newcomer Information.
- Phone us and leave a message with your first name only, a phone number, and a good time to phone you for a private conversation. Yes, we know this step is uncomfortable; we’ve all made this call to join the group… and we promise you it is one of the healthiest actions you’ll ever take for yourself! A facilitator will return your call to answer any questions you may have about the group, put your mind at ease, and help you feel connected. He understands how it feels to make this call; he’s been there. Speaking with the facilitator by phone will also give you a new supportive friend, by name, who will be looking forward to greeting you at your first meeting. Phone: (323) 250-6116
Dealing with this alone compounds everything, and the road to recovery can be rough.
So why are you traveling solo?
Join us for the journey!